June is here and it’s time to go outside and to the beach! It also happens to have World Ocean Day on June 8th. Here’s a fun activity to dive deep and get in the summer spirit while learning!
Magnetic Fish Game! 🎣
This activity is not only fun to create but also helps children with developing hand eye coordination and fine motor skills. Additionally, this game will help your #younginventors learn numbers – there are different levels at which you can play this game to increase the difficulty
- Cardboard or paper
- Stick or long piece of wood/plastic
- Cut paper or cardboard into fish shapes
- Tip: Make as many as you’d like – we’d suggest at least 10!
- Draw an eye on them and label them with a number
- For more fun: Color the fish!
- Put a paper clip on each fish
- Attach the piece of string to the end of the stick and the magnet to create a fishing rod
- Lay the fish out on a table
- Fish! 🎣
- Alternative levels to play:
- Read out the numbers you successfully catch to practice learning numbers 🤔
- Added challenge – create a simple addition game by adding the numbers of the two fish you catch before going back for more!📱
- Memory game: turn the fish to the other side and remember which number was where before catching them 🧠
Did you know we have a club designed for children ages 4-12 so they can learn the importance of inventions from an early age? As a member of the club, you and your children will learn all about inventions while completing fun, easy STEAM activities. We hope to spark the creativity of every #younginventor!